DanceTrippin Launch 24/7 Satellite Channel Dedicated To Electronic Music
– Currently available via Satellite across Europe, initially reaching over 1.5 million households and spreading worldwide throughout 2011
– Features hundreds of hours of unique in-house produced content, mainly live recorded DJ sets from the world’s best
– Supported already by over 50.000 fans on Facebook
Next to running one of the most popular international sites for electronic music, www.dancetrippin.tv (500,000+ visits a month), DanceTrippin now vastly expands its reach with the launch of its own TV Channel. Broadcast through satellite, it initially reaches over 1.5 millionhouseholds across Europe. This number will increase exponentially in the near future as the channel is also rolled out to cable operators and digital TV platforms across the globe.
Launching a 24/7 channel requires a huge amount of quality content. DanceTrippin has been producing shows for over the past decade, while greatly increasing its output in recent times. The content library is now several hundreds of hours and whilst based in Amsterdam, has covered some of the best artists and international club nights and festivals around the world from Richie Hawtin @ Cocoon (Ibiza) to Seth Troxler @ Time Warp (Germany) and DJ Sneak @ Circo Loco (Miami) to Carl Cox @ Kazantip (Ukraine) – click to watch
Already a major force online (100,000+ registered members, 2, 000,000 page views a month), it took over a decade of building-up to launch the channel. Founder, Will Johnston commented, “It’s been a very long road to get here, but we’ve always believed in the need for a dedicated dance music channel, both online and broadcast TV. All the factors have finally converged and the time is right. We strive to create a positive force in the dance industry, as a strong promotional vehicle for the artists, music releases, and events which we and our audience loves so much.”
For this summer DanceTrippin will be taking over Ibiza, covering all major events on the white isle (openings, closings, & main season), as well as joining forces with Ibiza Global Radio to bring their own weekly radio show to listeners all over the world, every Saturday night over the summer. Not to mention coverage at other events around the world including Kazantip (Ukraine) and Love Family Park (Germany).
To accompany the channel launch, iPhone users can also purchase the DanceTrippin App, meaning users will be able plug in to the great sets from DanceTrippin at any party, even if there’s no TV signal.
– To tune in to DanceTrippin on satellite, aim your dish at Eurobird 9A (transponder 51, download frequency 11747, horizontal polarization).
– iPhone users can download the DanceTrippin App via THIS LINK
– For event/artist coverage enquiries please contact Will Johnston – firstname.lastname@example.org
– For business opportunities please contact Tim Metz – email@example.com // +31 6 47241192.
– For media enquiries please contact Roo Farndon – firstname.lastname@example.org